Our approach to stewardship stems from our belief that company management, directors and investors all have critical yet unique roles.
We believe that the proper consideration of relevant environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters affects the long-term sustainable performance of companies and benefits the investors of such companies.
To this end, we:
- seek to understand the ESG issues that impact companies in which we are invested;
- evaluate a company’s particular policies and practices in relation to relevant issues;
- encourage companies to align with best practice on ESG issues;
- enter into constructive dialogue and engagement where a company’s approach or practices on relevant ESG matters is below investor expectations;
- leverage our clients’ investor rights to push for desired outcomes from investee companies; and
- align our votes at general meetings with our engagement objectives.
Yo Takatsuki, Head of ESG Research and Active Ownership
05 December 2018
Proxy Voting 2018 season: Key takeaways Year-To-Date
Voting at company meetings remains a crucial part of the dialogue between a company and its shareholders.
03 April 2018
Engagement: Changing corporate behaviour
We are particularly focused on climate stewardship and have strengthened our policy to more effectively reflect our concerns around climate change issues.
03 April 2018
Active engagement: Initiatives 2017/18
We engage with companies individually and collectively. We believe collaborative activities with like-minded investors, particularly in the area of climate change, will bear greater results.